Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Event of the Season

I attended my first event of the season last weekend. It was the CHEF of LA Homeschool Convention in Greenwell Springs, LA. This is my homestate event, and one of the smaller ones that I do, so I have the benefit of getting to know attendees and recognizing those who return year after year.


I guess since my youngest will be graduating this year, I'm getting more nostalgic as the graduation date approaches. This year, I realized that there were some attending with their small children who I remember attending as middle-school and high school students in my early years of representing Sonlight. Rather than wallow in feeling old, though, this makes me rejoice to see another generation pursuing the high calling of homeschooling their children. What a gift!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    We are not getting older, we're getting bolder (for God!). I know what you mean, though. Of all the little ones I watched grow up over the years homeschooling, many are married and starting families. It is awesome to see another generation on the quest for God.

    Blessings,
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete